Hand Embroidery Workshops
Sign up here
Due to the pandemic, there are no offline workshops planned at the moment. We will continue to meet on Zoom.
Behind our screens, let’s use this digital connection that will keep us connected. Find that hidden needle at home, some thread, and grab some non-stretchy fabric and join us!
Hand embroidery, your new favorite craft will help your self-isolation times be magical, joyful, and meditative, promise!
During the workshop, you will practice the most common stitches, try out different methods to embroider, and explore different textures and styles they achieve. Finally, you’ll create a beautiful embroidered and unique piece that can be used as hoop art, a patch, a brooch, or framed as a picture on your wall.
You are welcome to bring your own ideas and designs to work on with Uma’s guidance. You can also work on an old t-shirt or an item of forgotten clothing etc; either it has a little hole or any unwanted logo you want to cover or just refresh with hand embroidery. Like this, you can bring your creativity into an act for the ZERO WASTE movement!
What you need to join:
- Embroidery thread, any thread is ok! Most of you might have a normal sewing thread, that works just fine!
- Needles, any needle is fine, as long as you can pass through the eye of it with your thread.
- Fabric, non-stretchy is perfect, but if you don’t have that any kind of fabric is fine. Also works on old clothes, bed sheets, pillowcases, etc.!
- Scissors, pens to draw on the fabric.
What else you need to know:
- Embroidery is addictive and meditative. This workshop is made to inspire you through a creative online meeting. You can hide your video if you don’t prefer to be seen. But if you like to share your project, it is very interactive too. Uma will be happy to have a look at your project and tell you the tips!
- After you register, you will receive an email to join the Webinar.
- The workshop will be held in ENGLISH.
if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Sign up here